Chicken Tortilla Soup
This recipe is from Addapinch.com -
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup s, chopped uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper s, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 6 cup s reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes fire roasted, drained
- 20 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup s fresh lime juice
- 1 cup s cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup s Reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese, (about 6 Tbsp)
- 12 chip s tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat.
- Add onion and salt and cook for 5-10 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, and chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, chicken breasts, and lime juice.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, covered for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove breasts from soup and use 2 forks to shred. Return chicken to pot with cilantro.
- Serve soup garnished with cheese and tortilla chips.