My friend, Tammie, came over for dinner and brought this blueberry corn salad–talk about refreshing and delicious! Tammie got this recipe from a friend of hers, Colette, who got it from Publix. What would I do without my friends encouraging me to cook.
It is so easy to make with this blueberry corn salad with these ingredients–corn, blueberries, english cucumber, red onion and feta cheese.
If you don’t have one of these choppers, you might want to get one at Bed Bath and Beyond or on Amazon
Below is my tweaked version. I like to be different–what can I say.
NOTE: I love spicy so I add chopped jalapeno pepper to my individual serving.
- lime juice from 1 whole lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil sweet or thai or both
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn husked
- 1 English cucumber quarter lengthwise and chopped very small
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 ounces 1/3 cup crumbed feta cheese (or goat cheese)
- Mix lime juice, honey, olive oil, red pepper and chopped basil in a glass jar with screw-top lid. Shake well to combine.Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add corn to large pot of boiling water. Cook, covered, 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Using tongs, remove corn from water.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, cut corn kernels from cobs and transfer to very large bowl.
- Add cucumber, blueberries, red onion, and lime juice mixture. Toss well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours prior to serving (or 24 hours)
- Serve topped with feta cheese or goat cheese.
Some people use regular cucumber. I use an English cucumber and chop it very small using the chopper.
1 thought on “Blueberry Corn Salad”
Welcome to Yum Goggle! We love your recipe and hope you will continue submit! If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Kelli and Holli at YG.